I’m not sure if you’ve noticed, The Four Percent had a little work done. Hell. Yes. I’m so excited to re-launch The Four Percent with a new look, a new MO and a new perspective. I started teaching Spinning in 2009 when I was broke AF working a job in entry level advertising and desperately in need of supplemental income to support my shoe and dirty martini habit. Fast forward to today, fitness has become so much more than a supplemental income or hobby. I’ve had the opportunity to work for incredible brands like David Barton Gym, Nike and most recently, Barry’s Bootcamp. Through these experiences I’ve found my true passion, helping others realize their true potential, physically and mentally.
Much like my career in fitness, I had no idea what I was getting myself into when I started the The Four Percent in 2013. I thought it would be something fun to do, a hobby to help me blow off steam when agency life was stressing me out, or to get my head out of the studio after teaching 15 classes a week before and after work. Today, it is so much more than that. It has been the connective thread to so many new relationships and has allowed me to connect with people I wouldn’t have been able to otherwise. For that I am so appreciative and very grateful. But now, it’s time for baby to get a bit of an upgrade.
The update on the logo represents what we all go through as we embark on our fitness journeys, a combination of two glyphs: transition and transform. Through the body and mind we undergo transition, whether that be enjoying the peaks of achievements, or rebounding from the depths of discouragement. A process we’re all familiar with and that makes our pursuit of a healthy lifestyle so sweet. We transform our bodies and our minds. We continually recreate ourselves.
The best part? More content! Here’s what you can expect from The Four Percent moving forward. Throughout the course of the month anywhere from 10-15 posts will be published across the following categories:
- Workouts: Bodyweight, strength building, HIIT, cardio, in the gym, out of the gym, etc.
- Fitness Tips: How to make the most of your workouts, what to do and why and how to train for optimal results no matter what your goals may be.
- Recipes: Flavorful, colorful, clean, quick meals that will make your meal prep a piece of cake (no pun intended).
- Nutrition: This is where I’ll put in writing, I am not a dietitian or nutritionist. But I do a shit ton of research.
- Gear: A quarterly gym bag refresh, product reviews, and everything and anything I’m loving at the moment as a passionate exerciser and fitness enthusiast.
- Playlists: A monthly soundtrack to push your workouts to the very last step or final rep.
- Wellness: Tips to achieve your best self out of the gym – after all, on FOUR PERCENT of the day is technically spent in the gym. What about the other twenty three hours?!
The gallery style homepage and easy navigations showcases featured content in the top two rotating carousels for both general posts and recipes.
An archive of the most recent content will live on the home page as well as throughout the main menu navigation.
If you don’t already, follow me on Instagram, Snap Chat (@katehiipakka), Facebook, Pinterest and Twitter to stay in touch. I LOVE hearing feedback (the only way to grow) and learning about where you are with your fitness journey – we’re in this together!
Thank you so much for following along, I can’t wait for all that’s to come!