Every once in a while, egg whites need a little boost – this potato hash recipe is the perfect accessory. I’ve found this to be a great breakfast for the days when you’ve got a tough workout ahead.
2 teaspoons coconut oil
4 cups quartered russet potatoes, scrubbed
1 cup diced white onion
1 cup halved cherry tomatoes
½ cup diced green bell pepper
Pinch of salt
Pinch of pepper
1 cup arugula
1 cup kale
- Heat a large pan over medium-high heat. When pan is hot, add coconut oil to coat the pan’s surface.
- When coconut oil is evenly dispersed, add potatoes, cover and cook for 15 minutes. Stir occasionally.
- Add onions, cover, and cook until unions sweat and become translucent.
- Turn down heat to medium, and add peppers and tomatoes. Leave uncovered and sauté until potatoes are soft and cooked all the way through.
- Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Add arugula and kale and fold into mixture until wilted.
- When ready to serve, plate and add a splash of lemon juice.
Image via: Crunchy Gooey