If you’re new here, Sunday at my house is Pasta Sunday. A tradition my husband and I started while we are dating and is going strong. Today, it’s even more special with LL. I think he’s finally starting to “get it” and looks forward to it too.
Anyway, this Beef Ragu Red Sauce is super easy and tastes as if you labored over a hot stove all GD day. You’re gonna love it, and your fam is too.
Lemere Beef Ragu Red Sauce
Yields 4-6, depending on how hungry you are
3 hours TOTAL
- Season chuck roast or stew meat (whatever you got) with salt and pepper, let sit for like 10 minutes
- In a large pot over medium heat, heat one tablespoon oil, and sear meat until browned on all sides, 8-ish minutes. Once done, take out and set aside in a large bowl.
- Heat remaining oil, add onion and cook until soft, for like 5 minutes. Add garlic and red pepper flakes and cook until fragrant, 45-60 seconds, don’t let the garlic burn.
- Add tomato paste and stir to combine, about 1 to 2 minutes more. Deglaze the pot with wine and balsamic vinegar, scraping any brown bits off the bottom of your pot with a wooden spoon.
- Add whole peeled tomatoes, water, thyme, bay leaf, and seared pot roast—season with more salt and pepper.
- Stir to combine and reduce heat to low.
- Cover and simmer, occasionally stirring, until meat easily shreds, 2 to 2 1/2 hours.
- I use a potato masher to work the sauce to a creamy and saucy texture and shred the meat and tomatoes.
- Let simmer uncovered for another 10-minutes to thicken
- Serve over your favorite pasta (I like Bucatini)
- Top with parmesan and parsley before serving.
- Accept your compliments and praise like the culinary goddess you are.
ENJOY. I’m telling you it’s the only beef ragu recipe you’re ever gonna need.