This Instant Pot Honey Mustard Chicken Thighs recipe is SO good and SO easy, IDK what else to say about it. Oh, yah – it’s fahkin’ delicious.
Instant Pot Honey Mustard Chicken Thighs
- 1/2 cup honey
- 1/2 cup of water
- 1/2 cup yellow mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- One teaspoon paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Pepper to taste
- 4 6-8 ounce boneless skinless chicken breasts
- One teaspoon arrowroot starch
- Heat Instant Pot on saute setting until the pot is warm
- Combine honey, water, and yellow mustard and whisk until fully incorporated
- Add chicken thighs – try not to overlap, spread evening across the bottom of the pot
- Seal and cook on high pressure for 8 minutes, or ten if your thighs are semi-frozen, or 12 if they’re frozen
Remove the chicken and set aside on a plate
Mix 1 teaspoon of arrowroot starch to 1 tablespoon of water. Add to the honey mustard sauce in the instant pot and turn on saute. Allow to boil and thicken for 2-3 minutes whisking occasionally
Add chicken back to instant pot and coat with sauce, allow to simmer for 2-3 additional minutes
This recipe is on ROTATION, and for a good reason. They are MOIST in the best way, okey. I serve with white rice and green beans, but you can do literally whatever you want.
I hope you enjoy!
Note: If you do not have an instant pot, make chicken thighs as you otherwise would, and then make the sauce in a saucepan on the stovetop as directed. Combine with cooked chicken to coat, and allow to simmer. It’ll taste just as great.