Sliders are a great option for week day meals or party appetizers and cater to a variety of ages, dietary restrictions and taste buds. I modified this recipe here for a week night dinner and was thrilled with how easy they were to make, and how good they tasted! I ditched the bun and used a big leaf of iceberg lettuce instead to reduce some carbs and add some additional crunch!
- 1 lb turkey ground meat (or grass fed beef)
- ½ medium onion, finely chopped
- 2 cloves of garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon of coconut oil
- 2 teaspoons seasoning of choice (I use cinnamon if I’m feeling supa fancy)
- 1 teaspoon of Kosher salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- Mix all ingredients together
- Using your hands make tiny sliders, this recipe should make about 8-10
- Set aside and heat large skillet or frying pan on medium/high heat
- Flip once meat starts to cook and starts to brown – depending on how rare or well done you like your slides it will take around 2-6 minutes per side.
I like to slice tomatoes, onion and pickles for a week night dinz. For a dish to pass or party appetizer top each slider with a few slices of veggies or a thin slice of cheese and use a tooth pick or festive skewer to hold ingredients upright and in place!
Image via: This Blog Here