Snacks. Friend or foe? Depending on your approach, snacking can either make you or break you. If you’re a grazer, you run the risk of calories adding up from mindless eating. With properly proportioned snacks you can fight hunger pains, calm cravings and stay satiated throughout the day. The bottom line, your snacks should be just as thoughtful as the rest of your meal prep. Try these full proof, high fat, high protein snackies.
Sweet Potato Crisps + Nut Butter
Literally, one of my absolute favorites. It’s savory and sweet, plus the smooth + crunchy texture combo is so fucking satisfying.
- Slice sweet potatoes. I like mine on the thinner side so I can get ’em nice and crispy
- Drizzle with EVOO, and a pinch of salt
- Bake for 20-ish minutes at 375. Baking time will depend on how you like yours. I like mine with dark edges and crispy on top so I let ’em go for a bit longer
- Don’t be a fool, pre-portion your 1-2 TBS before you dig in. Otherwise, you’re just askin’ for that whole jar to disappear
Greek Yogurt + Berries + Macadamia Nuts
My old-faithful to calm both hunger and my sweet tooth. The fat from the nuts and the protein from the yogurt fills me up every single time. If you’re looking for a post-workout snack, this is a keeper. Omit the nuts so you can focus on carbs and protein content.
- One Greek yogurt
- 1-2 cups mixed berries
- 10-12 nut of choice
Prosciutto + BrIe + Walnut Fat Bomb
I make a dozen of these bad boys at a time. They’re roughly 250 calories EACH so one goes a long way. On days that I’m traveling, or in back to back meetings I’ll pop two at a time so I don’t need to worry about my meals.
- Layer 1 slice prosciutto, 1 oz brie and .4 oz of walnuts into a muffin tin
- Bake for 8-ish minutes at 350, or until brie has melted
- Let cool before removing and store in the fridge
Rice Cake + Avocado + Lemon Juice + Salt
Avocado toast with a crunch.
- Mash an avocado and combine lemon juice, dash of salt, and if you’re feeling fancy, zest
- Spread over 1 or 2 rice cakes
Cucumbers + Carrots + Hummus
Even the laziest of preps can accommodate this shit. Like the nut butter, I would pre-portion the hummus so you don’t go overboard. If I’m super hungry or had a particularly hard workout earlier in the day I’ll add one serving of Babybel cheese.