Whether you’re into Valentine’s Day or not, we can all agree this Hallmark Holiday is a great excuse to treat yourself and those who are near and dear to you. Since my husband and I started dating, we have opted for a quiet night at home over the often cliched night out on February 14th.
- 2 choice of meats – we’ll be using PRE Strip Steaks
- Dash of salt
- Dash of pepper
- 2 Tbs extra virgin olive oil (divided)
- 1 Bundle asparagus
- 1 Tbs unsalted butter (I use Kerry Gold)
- 1/2 lb fingerling Potatoes
- Brush with Extra Virgin Olive Oil and season on both sides with plenty of salt & pepper
- Use a hot grill or hot pan to cook through, however you take your steak. We like ours medium rare so about 6 minutes on each side
- Let rest for 10-15 minutes while your potatoes and asparagus cooks
- Pre-heat oven to 425
- Evenly coat asparagus with 1 tbs of EVOO
- Sprinkle pepper evenly across all stalks of asparagus
- Roast the asparagus for 8 minutes, rotating half way through
- Remove from the oven and set on a cooling wrack to cool
- Cut the smaller potatoes in half and cut the larger ones into quarters, making sure they are roughly the same size
- Place the potatoes in a large bowl, drizzle with the olive oil, and season with salt and pepper. Toss to coat well
- In a single layer lay out potatoes on a baking dish and roast at the same time as the asparagus. Depending on how large your potato pieces are roasting can take from 15-40 minutes. Roast until the potatoes are browned and tender. Remove from heat and place into a bowl
- Melt butter and toss seasoned and roasted potatoes with the melted butter
Plate that shiz. Open your favorite Cabernet. Queue up your Netflix and get ready to chill with one helluva food coma.
Note: This post is sponsored by PRE Brands, all product and images shown courtesy of PRE. But you know this would have never been posted had I not joined the obsession. So, damn good.