There are few things I love more than productive multi-tasking. It’s not surprising that I LOVE the recipe below because not only does it make for an amaze breakfast, but also make for a delish mid-morning or mid-afternoon snack as well. Think about it, it basically gives you EVERYTHING that you need in a tiny, portable serving – protein, healthy fat, carbs, and a ton of flavor. I modified a version of this recipe here and used the ingredients and steps below. Don’t have a muffin tin or a large mixing bowl? You must have missed this post here…go get ‘em asap!
- 1 lb ground lean turkey meat
- 1 dozen eggs
- 2 cups spinach, chopped
- 2 cups cherry tomatoes, cut into quarters
- ½ cup red onion
- salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F
- Crumble and brown the ground turkey meat in a frying
- In a medium/large bowl scramble one dozen large eggs and season with salt and pepper. Fold in veggies
- Grease the cups of one muffin tin with EVOO – do NOT put paper liners in there, what do you think this is – a cupcake?!
- Place equal amounts of browned turkey in the bottoms of the muffin cup
- Pour the scrambled egg and veggie mix evenly on top of the meat. The mixture will come almost to the top of the tin
- Cook for 20-25 minutes
- Remove from the oven and allow to cool for about 5 minutes
- Use a knife to loosen the egg muffin from the sides of the pan
Plate, pour yourself a cup of joe, add a pinch o’ dill if you feelin’ fancy and get ready to take on the day. Think ahead and make a few muffin tins of these on a Sunday and you’ll be set for the work week.
Image via: She Likes to Eat