The Lemere Red Sauce 2.0
After many (many) attempts. I think I’ve perfected THE Lemere Red Sauce for the perfect Pasta Sunday
- Four cloves garlic
- 1 28 oz can of whole San Marzano tomatoes
- 1 6 oz can of tomato paste
- 1/2 cup of red wine
- Red pepper flakes
- 1 lb 85% lean ground beef
- 1 tbs fresh julienned basil
- 1 lb fresh pasta of choice
- On medium heat, brown the protein. Once the pink has disappeared, place on a plated lined with paper towels to absorb the fat.
- Mince the cloves of garlic, julienne the basil, and open the can of tomato paste, set aside.
- Blend the whole tomatoes + juices until liquid, do not skip this step and don’t just buy canned pureed tomatoes, I don’t why it’s better this way, it just is.
- Combine the garlice and meat, stir until fragrent.
- Add the tomato paste and basil, stir until the color of the mixture is brick red.
- Add the pureed whole tomatos and red wine, fold until fully incorporated.
- Once bubbles start to form, turn to low heat to simmer. Add salt, pepper.
- Prepare your noodles according to package directions.
- Fully drain noodles, and put back in the same pot they cooked in and add the sauce. Gently fold to make sure each noodle is coated. Gradually add pasta water until your sauce has reached the desired consistency. I usually add a half cup or so.
- Plate, add a shit ton of parm and enjoy.
My husband and I started the tradition of Pasta Sunday when we started dating, and it’s one of my most treasured traditions.
You can find more Pasta Sunday recipes on my Instagram highlights!