I’m late to the cauliflower party, but you know what they say. Better late than never. I truly just discovered cauliflower rice and it’s changing my life. LOL.
You can make these Cauliflower Rice Bowls in a big batch and portion for two-three days of lunches, or you can make it for a single dinner to feed your family.
The below recipe will either serve 2-4 people (depending on how much you like to eat) or can stretch across 2-4 meals, again, depending on how much you like to eat. For me, I portioned three lunches, and I savored every bite.
Cauliflower Rice Bowls
IngredientsFor the Cauliflower Rice Bowl
- 1 bag of cauliflower rice
- Three links of Applegate chicken sausage (I used the spinach and feta)
- A handful of diced cherry tomatoes (sundried works too!)
- Two handfuls of spinach
For the Sauce
- 1 TBS cashew butter (per serving)
- 1 TBS pesto (per serving)
- Splash of water to thin the sauce
*Double or triple depending on your caloric consumption goals, needs, or personal tastes and preference!
- Make your sauce by taking a 1:1 ratio of cashew butter and pesto. Adding a dash of water and blending using a hand blender or whisking until sauce reaches a thinned and incorporated consistency
- Sautee the chicken sausage until nearly cooked through. I like my sausage to be a little crispy so I sautee until it’s nearly cooked before moving forward
- Add cauliflower rice and sautee while stirring frequently until soft and starts to turn slightly translucent
- Add tomatoes and spinach while stirring until both start to wilt
- Stir in sauce mixture until fully incorporated and combined
The best part? These ingredients can be replaced or substituted depending on what you have in your fridge!
- Ground meat
- Tuna or other fish
I like sausage because it’s super easy, and I can buy them at the store with minimal prep.
- Green beans
- Artichoke hearts
- Hearts of palm
- Brussels sprouts
In under 10 minutes you’ve got a hot, savory, FILLING meal that helps you feel great. Make it, and lemme know how you LOVE IT. I know you will.