Have you B’s heard of the phenomenon overtaking Pinterest called the Mug Cake?! I recently discovered it and I can confirm that these recipes are in fact, life changing. I mean, a baked good that you can create in the MICROWAVE? Hi. Give. Me. That.
- 1 small ripe banana
- 1 heaping Tablespoon almond butter
- 1 egg
- 1 heaping Tablespoon cocoa powder
- 1 heaping Tablespoon chocolate whey protein powder
- Splash of water (just a bit!)
- Sliced almonds (topping)
- Throw all of that shiz in your mug and mix it up until the ingredients turn into a batter. Set the sliced almonds aside.
- Water will ONLY be used for consistency so take your time adding it in about a teaspoon at a time. You want the mixture to be a little on the thicker side so that your cake gets nice and fluffy, but the batter should definitely be wet and not clumpy. Again, add the water slowly.
- Put fixed mug in the microwave for 2 minutes, checking every so often that the batter isn’t over flowing. If you start to see the batter rise just stop the microwave for a few seconds to let it set before restarting. You’ll know the batter is cooked through when you stick a knife down the center and it comes out dry.
- Sprinkle a handful of the sliced almonds on top when you’re ready to enjoy.
Yum. Dig a spoon in and relish your new found skills. So good. So guilt free. So easy.