After opening up about my struggles with postpartum anxiety and depression, I’ve been sharing my desire to simplify and develop a morning and evening routine to set the tone for my day, and then unplug and re-charge. I made a post on my feed, and stories asking for your suggestions and got SO many great answers!
Below are a few of my favorite.
In the Morning:
- Meditate using the Headspace app
- Listen to a podcast to learn something new
- Set intentions
- Count your blessings
- Name one thing you’re grateful for while you brush your teeth
- Greet the day by looking out the window with your little one and talk about everything there is to look forward to
- Read a few pages from your favorite self-help or spiritual book
- Don’t look at your phone for the first hour you’re awake
- Drink water and savor a moment of silence
In the Evening:
- Read a novel or other book for pleasure
- Pick ONE screen to focus on (TV/Phone/Computer)
- Take a hot bath with a glass of wine
- FaceTime with a friend
- Call someone who gives you unconditional love
- Phone on airplane mode or sleep mode one hour before bed
- Savor your skincare routine instead of rushing through it
- Snuggle with your significant other
If you haven’t shared what you do yet, comment or shoot me a DM. Let me know if you incorporate any into your own morning and evening routine!