A recipe for a semi-homemade Pasta Sunday that’ll still leave you feeling like a culinary goddess!
- One package of dry pasta of choice (I like a thicker noodle like linguine, bucatini, or fettuccini.)
- 1.5-2 jars of Rao’s Homemade Marinara Sauce
- 1 pound ground turkey
- 1 cup basil (optional)
- Salt to taste
- Pepper to taste
- Cook the ground turkey all the way through and break up into TINY bits. IMO, the smaller, the better.
- Transfer to a deep pot and stir in Rao’s sauce. It depends how saucy or concentrated your like your pasta, if you like a thinner sauce, only go for a jar, or a jar and a half. If you like it really sauced up, do the full two jars.
- Simmer until you’re ready to serve.
- Cook your pasta according to package instructions. If you’re like me, you do al dente, no exceptions.
- Drain pasta, reserving 1/2 cup of the pasta water.
- Combine pasta water and pasta with the meat and sauce. Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Garnish with basil and parm, duh.
I ALWAYS have ground turkey in the freezer, and a pantry with a reserve of Rao’s and dried pasta. Days like today (Mother’s Day!) when I want the Pasta Sunday experience, but am too tired or lazy to get a full meal together. This dish always wins.