It’s crockpot season, bitches! One of my go-to recipes with this beautiful appliance is the BEST shredded chicken you’ll ever make, and I use that -ish to make a burrito bowl that could rival any Chipotle. GUAC ain’t extra in your own house!
- 3-4 Chicken breasts
- One white onion
- 28 oz Fiire roasted diced tomatoes
- One small can of green chiles
- One packet of taco seasoning
- Trim any fat off the chicken breasts, rinse and pat dry. Place in the crockpot
- Dice the onion and layer on top of the chicken
- Dump the roasted diced tomatoes and chiles in a haphazard, yet culinary way
- Sprinkle taco seasoning on top
- Set your crockpot on low for 6-8 hours, stir every couple of hours
Burrito Bowl Bar
While the chicken is doing its thing, I’ll prep a handful of garnishes for my burrito bowls. I’ll package everything separately, so nothing gets soggy – shit’s disgusting.
- Brown rice with cilantro
- Sauteed green peppers and red onions
- Shredded lettuce
- Rinsed and drained black beans
- Sharp cheddar cheese
- Halved cherry tomatoes
- Greek yogurt
If you store everything in airtight containers, it’ll keep for the week! I’ll make bowls daily based on how I’m feeling or how many carbs or protein macros I’ll need to consume.
To quote my MAIN BITCH, Ina Garten, “How easy is that?!”