You’ve heard it before, “Abs are made in the kitchen.” Now, you can add to that mantra, “Abs are made in the kitchen, specifically, the oven!” I was recently introduced to Fit Body Bakery and life has truly never been the same.
The Fit Body Bakery portfolio of products range from pancakes to brownies and each recipe is better than the last. I’ve said it before, I’ve got an insatiable sweet tooth and therefore I’m always looking for products that allow me to have cake and eat it too. These protein brownies, cookies and muffins, are hands down, the best I’ve ever tried.
Samara Donald, creator of Fit Body Bakery, mother, corporate powerhouse and all around bad ass gave the scoop behind her test kitchen and how she got her sweets to taste so sweet. Samara explains,
“The protein powders you can buy as a consumer is contain many added ingredients, and most aren’t designed for baking but rather to be mixed with milk or water in a drink shake. Both of these factors cause changes in your baking recipes that are hard, if not possible, to determine.”
Ah, so that’s why so many of my make-shift desserts kind of taste like sh*t…
Samara was kind enough to send me the brownie mix (amazing), the muffin mix (so good) and the cookies (OUT. OF. THIS. WORLD.) and I had to share. I added almond butter to my recipe, but the beauty of these mixes is you can leave them as is, or add whatever you want! Samara shares some of her tried and true favorites here.
1 box of Conquer it Cookie mix
1/3 cup butter (make sure it’s grass fed)
1/3 cup almond butter
2 tbsp filtered water 1
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a mixer, beat the butter and egg until thoroughly mixed. Then, add almond butter until all ingredients are folded in and form a batter.
- Pour the contents of the Conquer it Cookie mix and continue to mix adding the water slowly to get a wet but thick consistency.
- Using a small cookie scoop, line a baking tray and bake for 10-20 minutes. Depending on your oven and the size of the cookie, keep your eye on them. Don’t over bake!
- Let cool for 5 minutes and get ready to have a foodgasm.
Nutritional Information (base cookie, not including almond butter)
- 6g protein (about 3-4 times what you’d find in traditional recipes or store bought versions)
- 6g fat (yes, that includes the butter or oil we tell you to add!)
- 100 calories in the base cookie (yes, you need to add the calories for the version you choose)
Seriously. Does it get better than that? YES IT DOES! Use code KATEHBOGO50 to buy one mix and get another at 50% off. Load up that shopping cart. Trust me, you’re going to love them.