The Monday after the Fourth of July can be brutal. Hangovers. Humidity. A general self-hatred for letting yourself go wild for three (or four) days straight. Ease your way into the week with this drink that not only will refresh, but help you shed the toxins you consumed over the weekend! Then get your a** to the gym to sweat it out and get back on track!
1 pitcher of cold water (filled half way)
5 lemons, halved and juiced
1/4 cup fresh squeezed grapefruit juice
Thin slices of cucumber
- Take pitcher of water and fill the remaining pitcher with sparkling water
- Add freshly squeezed lemon juice from FOUR of the lemons
- Add freshly squeezed grapefruit juice
- Add in slices of cucumber, add in slices from remaining lemon
- Stir well and refrigerate for 30-60 minutes
- Pour over ice and enjoy
Recipe and image inspired by Horses and Heels.