Did somebody say celebrate? Nothing says “festive” like a little champy! This recipe for a blood orange French 75 is perfect for a pre-girl’s night out cocktail, or a signature party drink. Raise a glass to a good time and hold the guilt fest – one serving is less than 100 calories! Inspired by the linked recipe above, I put my own spin on the recipe below.
3 blood oranges
1 1/2 cups gin
2 tablespoons agave nectar
Chilled Champagne (to taste…bottoms up!)
- Cut 1 orange in half.
- Cut each orange half crosswise into 6 slices; reserve for garnish.
- Using small knife, cut peel and white pith from remaining 2 oranges; chop oranges. Transfer chopped oranges with juices to bowl; mash and muddle.
- Stir in gin and agave nectar.
- Strain into 2-cup measuring cup.
- Chill so it’s SUPER crisp.
- Pour about a shot of gin mixture into each glass; fill to top with Champagne.
- Garnish with orange slices.
Serves 12…or 8…or 6 depending on how fun you and your friends are!!! Cheers, people!
* Please note that I am not ACTUALLY “currently craving” this recipe, it’s 10am CST on a Wednesday, for the love. It’s figurative!!!! Although this would be a fun spin on your traditional boozy, mimosa laden brunch! Think about it!
Image via: Tomatoes on the Vine