We’ve heard it since we were kids; breakfast is the most important meal of the day. But seriously, who has time for it?! I mean, my typical morning routine typically looks like this:
- 5am: Alarm goes off. Hit snooze 5 times. Get out of bed, seriously, what are you doing.
- 5:30am: Workout, kick own ass. So worth the early wake-up call.
- 6:30am: Check Instagram, Facebook, Twitter, fashion blogs, and mentally plan outfit of the day. I have no clothes and need to shop immediately.
- 6:45am: Check Zara.com for new arrivals. Basically, act like I have all the time in the world to do nothing. You should be showering right now.
- 7:15am: Snap back to reality. Shower, get ready, haphazardly do hair and make-up.
- 8:15am: Realize starvation is setting in per grumbling stomach. Remember that breakfast has yet to be consumed. Sh*t. You are now running late and have next to no time to prepare anything.
Enter: Solution – the perfect Protein Pancake. It takes about 5 minutes to make, and it’s portable so you can eat it while you commute to work.
- ¼ C Steel Cut Oats
- 1 scoop protein powder
- 2 eggs
- Splash of almond milk to achieve desired batter like consistency
Put all ingredients into Magic Bullet (if you don’t have a MB please get one immediately) and blend until batter forms and oats are smooth. Pour into hot pan and prepare like a typical pancake, flipping once bubbles arise at the surface.
Garnish with fresh fruit or a little almond butter and you are good to go ready to conquer the day! Carpe diem, my friends.